Are you planning to move to Madrid or relocate completely? You made a good choice. Madrid is a beautiful city lined with great restaurants, art galleries, and lively bars. Prices of foods and eating out, in general, are way cheaper when compared to other European cities.
1. The International College of SpainThe International College of Spain is located in La Moraleja, Alcobendas. Founded in 1980, it is the only school in central Madrid that offers the three International Baccalaureate programmes. The school’s curriculum is one of the most regarded internationally. English as an additional language (EAL) is offered to students learning English as an additional language. ICS is a member of the Nord Anglia Education schools enables them to participate in great learning collaborations with the Julliard School, NAE Global Campus, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
2. International School of MadridISM began in 1971 as a primary school of only 38 students. It has grown into a leading private school with over 800 students and located in the Charmartín neighborhood of Central Madrid. ISM welcomes students between the ages of 1 and 18 and strictly adheres to the English curriculum. Students enjoy lots of after-class activities from pre-school to secondary school.
3. St. George's SchoolSt. George's School British private school based in Madrid, teaching students aged 2 to 18. The learning center rests on 2.5 hectares at Madrid’s Norte N1. Modern excellent facilities include a sports area, a 25-meter pool, a football field, etc. The classrooms house students from 45 different nationalities. Eglish is the main language of instruction and helps each student max their potential. St. George’s offers the British National Curriculum from the age of 2, offering the best of education while taking advantage of the rich cultural surroundings. Spanish and other social languages are also available. The school offers the IB program (English).
4. American School of MadridThe ASM campus is in Pozuelo de Alarcon, West of Madrid. The school is a great display of modern facilities such as a Center for the Arts, a multipurpose room, a 600-seat auditorium, tennis courts, turf soccer fields, and a lot more. The Upper School of ASM offers the American curriculum.
5. Colegio Brains International School María LombilloBrains María Lombillo is at the Arturo Soria area of Madrid. All teaching is in English except for mathematics and Spanish. The classrooms are tech-savvy and the school offers modern extracurricular facilities such as chess, judo, basketball, music, etc. Children are offered the IB program.
6. Hastings SchoolHastings School is a private international British school in Madrid welcoming children from early to secondary school. The chool campuses are all in central Madrid where accessible by public transport or foot. The 6 different campuses at Hastings school are within walking distance of each other. A shuttle bus service connects the different campuses. The Paseo de la Habana chalet hosts the Early Years program, the Sobradiel, the Bendición de Campos, the Azulinas, the Lorenzo Solano Tendero, and Manuel Marañón.
7. Casvi American SchoolCasvi International American School offers an American curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Program. The school runs a global educational program, training young people with essential 21st-century skills. Casvi has boarding residencies for males and females.
8. Endaze British International SchoolEndaze, a private International School accepting nursery to secondary students, offering A level courses. The teachers are all native English speakers conversant with the British curriculum. 25% of the students are from other nationalities, a testament to the diverse multi-cultural environment that is great for a child seeking exposure to global perspectives. The school campus is an impressive 6,200 square meter complex with state-of-the-art facilities, modern classrooms, and excellent outdoor facilities.
9. English Montessori School (TEMS)TEMS is a privately run co-educational school offering quality education to children aged 3 to 18 years. Founded in 1973, TEMS offers the English National Curriculum and Spanish language and humanity. The Montessori school is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture as a British cultural center in Spain. Extracurricular activities at TEMS are drama, judo, ballet, basketball, soccer alongside other cool activities like camping trips, ski trips, etc.
10. King’s College School La MoralejaKing’s College is a British school located in La Moraleja area, on a raised hill overlooking Alcobendas. The school is open to all Spanish or International kids around the area. The school hosts over 630 students aged 2 to 16 years. Excellent modern facilities such as an ICT center, library, music rooms, art studios, gymnasiums, etc are available.
Top ph: JoeLogan / Shutterstock.com