25 August - 19 December 2010. Christ Church gallery hosts an exhibition of Greek and Russian icons from is own collection as well as from that of the Ashmolean museum, many of which have rarely been seen by the public. Dating back over the last 15 centuries, icons have been used in the Eastern Orthodox Church as a means of focusing worshippers' prayers. On display is the recently restored St George and the Dragon (circa 1500) and two Ashmolean fragments from a large Last Judgement scene, amongst the most important Russian icons preserved in Oxford.
Mon-Sat: 10.30-17.00. Sun: 14.00-17.00