18 June - 27 September 2010. The Leopold Museum offers a retrospective exhibition devoted to the designer of Vienna's secession building, Joseph Maria Olbrich (1867 - 1908). The secession movement was founded in 1897 by artists, including Olbrich, who objected to the stifling conservatism prevalent in the Viennese art world of the time. Olbrich became a leading light in Austria's architectural and artistic circles. His talents, which ranged from interior decoration to industrial design, incorporated his commitment to blending life and art. This comprehensive exhibition displays 300 of his works and is supplemented with pieces by Otto Wagner, Koloman Moser and Gustav Klimt.
Wed-Mon: 10.00-18.00. Thurs: 10.00-21.00