Exhibition providing an overview of the work of the Vkhutemas art school of Modernism, focusing mainly on its architecture designs from 1920-1930.
This is the first exhibition in Germany dedicated to the work of the legendary college, often referred to as the “Russian Bauhaus”.
The school's staff comprised artists and architects who were synonymous with Russian avant garde: figures such as El Lissitzky, Naum Gabo, Vasily Kandinsky, Nikolai Ladovsk, Lyubov Popova, Alexander Rodchenko, Alexei Shchusev, Varvara Stepanova and Alexander Vesnin.
The exhibition presents 250 works created during the 1920s, featuring sketches, drawings, paintings and models by both staff and students.
Wed-Mon 10.00-20.00. Tues closed.
View on Map
Martin-Gropius-Bau, Niederkirchner Straße 7, tel. +49(0)30254860.