24 September-27 February 2012. The Van Loon Museum complex in the Keizersgracht district of central Amsterdam has been expanded with the addition of the Coach House, once the property of Amsterdam's aristocratic Van Loon family.
In 1602 Willem Van Loon co-founded the Dutch East-India Company, an enormous colonial corporation whose powers included the right to colonise lands, wage war, execute enemies and even print money.
Like the Canal House and its garden, the Coach House was designed in 1672 by architect Adriaan Dortsman.
One of the finest canal houses in the city, the Coach House is presented in its original splendour and can be visited six days a week.