19 November 2010 - 10 April 2011. Leading post-minimalist artist Richard Tuttle collaborates with the Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane to present a site-specific exhibition entitled Triumphs.
Tuttle responds to the early Georgian architecture of the main gallery Charlemont House, designed by Sir William Chambers in 1765, and to the art collection of the Hugh Lane, established in 1908. Using materials like handmade printed paper assemblages and plywood wall reliefs, Tuttle's installations draw inspiration from diverse topics including neo-classicism and imperial power.
This is the first Irish museum show by the American artist who has previously had solo exhibitions in major art venues such as MoMA. The main exhibition is accompanied by a retrospective of Tuttle's work since the mid-60s.