24 April - 31 December 2010. The Oxford University Museum of Natural History was built between 1855 and 1860, as a temple to science. Long before its construction however, there was first a campaign to have it built and later an architectural competition. This exhibition contains plans and photographs tracing the museum's beginnings; it also includes drawings and notes made by John Ruskin and Henry Acland who watched their vision of Victorian Neo-Gothicism come to life. Today the museum contains zoological material of international importance, including the remains of the extinct Dodo.