The Berlinische Galerie presents its newly-configured collection of art produced in Berlin since 1870. From now on, the works in the gallery's internationally-acclaimed collection will be displayed chronologically following the re-ordering of its 1,500-sqm exhibition space by Berlin architectural firm David Saik.
The gallery is divided into a range of sections: Art in 1900, Expressionism, Berlin Dada, the eastern-European Avantgarde, New Objectivity, Art during National Socialism, the new beginning after 1945, and various defining moments between the 1950s and 1970s.
The exhibition includes works by the following artists: Anton von Werner, Max Liebermann, Max Beckmann, Ludwig Meidner, Hannah Höch, Iwan Puni, Otto Bartning, Naum Gabo, Otto Dix, Jeanne Mammen, Martha Astfalck-Vietz, Felix Nussbaum, Georg Baselitz, Eugen Schönebeck and Georg Heinrichs.
One of the newest state museums in the capital, the Berlinische Galerie was founded in 1975 and reopened in its own building close to the Jewish Museum in 2004.
Wed-Mon 10.00-18.00. Tues closed.